The HJ-3 is a black metal joint set that allows you to create a four-pipe intersection or a corner. This joint set is excellent for making corner pegs at 90 degrees. It is also often used in the center of structures to create strong counterweight and in the bottom of structures to fix stem-mount casters.
To assemble an HJ-3 you need to combine two H-2 and an H-4 together with three M6-25B bolts and three M6-N nuts. This connector is a little bit trickier to assemble than the HJ-1 or HJ-2, but when fixing both H-2 parts together first, you should have an installed HJ-3 connector in no time.
This joint set is designed with 14 striations for a better grip on the plastic coating of the 28 mm pipes. It also includes 3 additional pre-drilled reinforcement holes to ensure extra strength to your structure. By adding a self-drilling screw F-A85/8, you will solidify the connector joints positioned on a corner where there is a higher risk of impact.
See the installation steps tab to view how to assemble this connector.
Antistatic Version (ESD):
An electric conductivity version if offered if you wish to build antistatic structures: HJ-3NP
Want to reuse parts of your old system?
The HJ-3 Flexpipe joint set is compatible with many other pipe and connector systems. Check the technical information tab to know which systems are compatible and none-compatible with our parts.
|Needed parts||2x H-2 + 1x H-4 + 3x M6-25B + 3x M6-N|
|Length inches||2 9/16 in (65 mm)|
|Width inches||1 5/16 in (33 mm)|
|External height inches||3 1/4 in (83mm)|
|External width inches||5 1/4 in (133mm)|
|External depth inches||1 5/16 in (33mm)|
|Steel thickness inches||1/8 in (2.5 mm)|
|Unit weight pounds||0.706 lbs (0.321 kg)|
|Compatible joint systems||Creform, NIS, C Tek Lean Solutions, Trilogiq (28 mm)|
|None compatible joint systems||Fastube, Trilogiq (28.6 mm)|
|Compatible pipe systems||Creform, Fastube, Trilogiq (28 mm), NIS (28 mm), C Tek Lean Solutions (28 mm)|
|None compatible pipe systems||Trilogiq (28.6 mm)|
|Frequency of use||High|
|Electric conductivity (ESD)||No|
|Material||Hot rolled steel (SPHC)|
|Steel hardness (HRB)||68-75 HRB|
|System operational temperature||-148°F to 572°F (-100°C to 300°C)|
|Steel treatment||Black cathodic electrodeposition (Ecoating)|
|Manufacturing technique||Stamping and deburring|
|Striations for grip||14 striation grip lines|
|Positioning guide||12 positioning guide lines|
|Additional reinforcement hole||7 reinforcement holes|
- Ensure you have the following parts:
- 2x H-2
- 1x H-4
- 3x M6-25B bolts
- 3x M6-N nuts
- 4x 28mm pipes of your choice
- 1x T-HANDLE 5mm hex key
- Fix an H-2 connector in the inner corner with an H-4 and loosely tighten around the first pipe using an M6-25B bolt with an M6-N nut in the corresponding openings. Make sure to place the bolts on the most accessible side.
- Repeat with the remaining H-2 and fix to the connectors already in place, and loosely tighten the remaining M6-25B bolts and M6-N nuts in the corresponding openings.
- Insert the second, third and fourth pipe within the openings of the HJ-3, and between the first and the second positioning guidelines.
- Tighten the M6-25B bolts and the M6-N nuts until the HJ-3 is firmly attached to the four pipes. A force between 12-14 Nm is recommended for this step.
Need more informations ?
Here's everything you need to know!