Double pivot joint set
- Compatible with 28 mm pipes
- Assembly required
The HJ-14 is a black metal joint set allows to create an intersection of three pipes with adjustable angle on each side of the cross tube.
To assemble an HJ-14 you need to put two H-14 with four H-6, four M6-25B bolts and four M6-N nuts. It is also possible to assemble the HJ-14 with four H-6A's.
This joint set is very similar to a doubled HJ-6. It is frequently used for reinforcing structures, or to create articulations and anchors. This joint set allows each side tube to rotate up to 175 degrees.
This joint set is designed with 8 striations for a better grip on the plastic coating of the 28 mm pipes. These grips are found on the H-6 or H-6A.
See the installation steps tab to view how to assemble this connector.
Antistatic Version (ESD):
An electric conductivity version if offered if you wish to build antistatic structures: HJ-14NP
Want to reuse parts of your old system?
The HJ-14 Flexpipe joint set is compatible with many other pipe and connector systems. Check the technical information tab to know which systems are compatible and none-compatible with our parts.
|Units per box (sold separately)||NA|
|Needed parts||4 (H6) + 2 (H14) + 4 (M6-25B) + 4 (M6-N)|
|Length inches||3 13/16 in (97 mm)|
|Width inches||1 5/16 in (33 mm)|
|External height inches||1 5/16 in (33mm)|
|External width inches||1 13/16 in (46mm)|
|External depth inches||1 5/16 in (33mm)|
|Steel thickness inches||1/8 in (2.5 mm)|
|Unit weight pounds||0.845 lbs (0.384 kg)|
|Compatible joint systems||Creform, NIS, C Tek Lean Solutions, Trilogiq (28 mm)|
|Noncompatible joint systems||Fastube, Trilogiq (28.6 mm)|
|Compatible pipe systems||Creform, Fastube, Trilogiq (28 mm), NIS (28 mm), C Tek Lean Solutions (28 mm)|
|Noncompatible pipe systems||Trilogiq (28.6 mm)|
|Frequency of use||Very low|
|range of motion||2 X 180°|
|Electric conductivity (ESD)||No|
|Material||Hot rolled steel (SPHC)|
|Steel hardness (HRB)||68-75 HRB|
|System operational temperature||-148°F to 572°F (-100°C to 300°C)|
|Steel treatment||Black cathodic electrodeposition (Ecoating)|
|Manufacturing technique||Stamping and deburring|
|Striations for grip||8 striation grip lines|
|Positioning guide||8 positioning guide lines|
|Additional reinforcement hole||None|
- Ensure you have the following parts:
- Take two H-6 connectors and group them around the first pipe. Fix the connectors by placing an bolt and an nut in the corresponding openings until it's firmly attached to the pipe.
- Repeat step 1 with the second pipe.
- Group the two H-14 connectors around the third pipe, and insert the H-6 connectors attached on the first pipe in between the H-14 connectors through corresponding openings. Fix the connectors by placing the bolt with the nut in the corresponding openings and loosely tighten.
- Repeat step 3 with the second pipe on the opposite side of the H-14.
- Position the first and second pipes into desired angles and tighten completely until the H-14s are firmly attached to the H-6 connectors.
Need more informations ?
Here's everything you need to know!