The HJ-2NP is a chrome-plated joint set with antistatic properties (ESD) that allows creating a three-pipe intersection or a corner. This joint set will probably be used for most of your structure's external corners and structural separations on two perpendicular sides. Other applications of the HJ-2NP include the creation of more complex and ergonomic handles, the creation of V-shape racking support or a V-shape roof. It is often associated with the AI-CORNER accessory when positioning a surface on external sides.
This joint set is designed with 10 striations for a better grip on the plastic coating of the 28 mm pipes. It also includes 8 additional pre-drilled reinforcement holes to ensure extra strength to your structure. By adding a self-drilling screw F-A85/8, you will solidify the connector joints positioned on a corner where there is a higher risk of impact.
See the installation steps tab to view how to assemble this connector.
Non-Electric Conductivity Version:
A version of this joint set is offered without antistatic properties: HJ-2
Want to reuse parts of your old system?
The HJ-2NP Flexpipe joint set is compatible with many other pipe and connector systems. Check the technical information tab to know which systems are compatible and none-compatible with our parts.
|Needed parts||1x H-2NP + 1x H-3NP + 2x M6-25BWZ + 2x M6-NWZ|
|Length inches||2 9/16 in (65 mm)|
|Width inches||1 5/16 in (33 mm)|
|External height inches||3 1/4 in (83mm)|
|External width inches||3 1/4 in (83mm)|
|External depth inches||1 5/16 in (33mm)|
|Steel thickness inches||1/8 in (2.5 mm)|
|Unit weight pounds||0.510 lbs (0.232 kg)|
|Compatible joint systems||Creform, NIS, C Tek Lean Solutions, Trilogiq (28 mm)|
|None compatible joint systems||Fastube, Trilogiq (28.6 mm)|
|Compatible pipe systems||Creform, Fastube, Trilogiq (28 mm), NIS (28 mm), C Tek Lean Solutions (28 mm)|
|None compatible pipe systems||Trilogiq (28.6 mm)|
|Frequency of use||Very High|
|Electric conductivity (ESD)||Yes|
|Material||Hot rolled steel (SPHC)|
|Steel hardness (HRB)||68-75 HRB|
|System operational temperature||-148°F to 572°F (-100°C to 300°C)|
|Steel treatment||Chrome plating|
|Manufacturing technique||Stamping and deburring|
|Striations for grip||10 striation grip lines|
|Positioning guide||8 positioning guide lines|
|Additional reinforcement hole||5 reinforcement holes|
- Ensure you have the following parts:
- 1x H-2NP
- 1x H-3NP
- 2x M6-25BWZ bolt
- 2x M6-NWZ nut
- 3x 28mm ESD pipes of your choice
- 1x T-HANDLE 5mm hex key
- Fix the H-3NP connector to the desired location on the first pipe.
- Put the H-2NP connector in the inner corner of the HJ-2NP.
- Fix the connectors with the two M6-25BWZ bolts and the two M6-NWZ nuts by putting them in the corresponding opening of the HJ-2NP. Make sure to put the bolts on the most accessible side of your structure.
- Tighten the M6-25BWZ bolt and the M6-N nut a few threads, but not too much.
- Insert the second and third pipes within the openings of the HJ-2NP, and between the first and second guides as shown on the plan.
- Tighten completely the M6-25BWZ and the M6-NWZ together until the HJ-2NP is firmly attached to the pipes. A force of 9.8 Nm is recommended for this step.
Need more informations ?
Here's everything you need to know!