Double pipe single hinge set
- Compatible with 28 mm pipes
- Assembly required; pieces sold separately
- Joint set with antistatic properties (ESD)
The HJ-23NP is a chrome-plated joint set with antistatic properties (ESD) generally used to reinforce the structure's capacity. This joint set is very similar to the HJ-13NP, with the only difference that it includes a hinge bracket that allows it to rotate over an opening radius of almost 360 degrees, depending on your structure configuration.
To assemble an HJ-23NP you need to put two H-23NP together with an AP-HINGE hinge bracket, an M6-25BWZ bolt and an M6-NWZ nut.
This joint set is frequently used for the assembly of folding tables, doors or on any other structures requiring a moving part. Due to the hinge bracket, we recommend using an AO-SHIM plastic shim to prevent the connector from sliding on the pipe. Consider the HJ-12NP if you need similar applications of the HJ-23NP, but with two perpendicular tubes.
See the installation steps tab to view how to assemble this connector.
Non-Electric Conductivity Version:
A version of this joint set is offered without antistatic properties: HJ-23
Want to reuse parts of your old system?
The HJ-23NP Flexpipe joint set is compatible with many other pipe and connector systems. Check the technical information tab to know which systems are compatible and none-compatible with our parts.
|Units per box (sold separately)||NA|
|Needed parts||2x H-23NP + 1x AP-HINGE + 1x M6-25BWZ + 1x M6-NWZ|
|Length inches||3 13/16 in (97 mm)|
|Width inches||1 5/16 in (33 mm)|
|External height inches||1 7/8 in (48mm)|
|External width inches||3 5/16 in (84mm)|
|External depth inches||1 1/2 in (38mm)|
|Steel thickness inches||1/8 in (2.5 mm)|
|Unit weight pounds||0.315 lbs (0.143 kg)|
|Compatible joint systems||Creform, NIS, C Tek Lean Solutions, Trilogiq (28 mm)|
|Noncompatible joint systems||Fastube, Trilogiq (28.6 mm)|
|Compatible pipe systems||Creform, Fastube, Trilogiq (28 mm), NIS (28 mm), C Tek Lean Solutions (28 mm)|
|Noncompatible pipe systems||Trilogiq (28.6 mm)|
|Frequency of use||Very low|
|range of motion||360°|
|Electric conductivity (ESD)||Yes|
|Material||Hot rolled steel (SPHC)|
|Steel hardness (HRB)||68-75 HRB|
|System operational temperature||-148°F to 572°F (-100°C to 300°C)|
|Steel treatment||Chrome plating|
|Manufacturing technique||Stamping and deburring|
|Striations for grip||4 striation grip lines|
|Additional reinforcement hole||None|
- Ensure you have the following parts:
- Press the AP-HINGE bracket on the first pipe until it clips on, place the opening of the bracket inside of the pipe.
- Group the two H-23NP connectors around the first and the second pipe. Make sure that the AP-HINGE bracket teeth fit into the corresponding openings. Slide the H-23NP connectors into place to lock them together.
- Fix the connectors together by placing the M6-25BWZ with the M6-NWZ in the corresponding openings, and tighten completely until the HJ-23NP joint set is firmly attached to the two pipes.
- If the HJ-23NP feels too tight to rotate, apply a lubricant spray to ease the mobility of the AP-HINGE bracket and to avoid damaging the plastic teeth.
Need more informations ?
Here's everything you need to know!