The HJ-5 is a black metal joint set that allows you to create a five-pipe intersection on three axes. This joint set is used in very specific situations such as the addition of a flag or for the installation of a caster right in the middle at the bottom of a structure.
This joint set is designed with 16 striations for a better grip on the plastic coating of the 28 mm pipes. It also includes 8 additional pre-drilled reinforcement holes to ensure extra strength to your structure. By adding a self-drilling screw F-A85/8, you will solidify the connector joints positioned on a corner where there is a higher risk of impact.
See the installation steps tab to view how to assemble this connector.
Antistatic Version (ESD):
An electric conductivity version if offered if you wish to build antistatic structures: HJ-5NP
Want to reuse parts of your old system?
The HJ-5 Flexpipe joint set is compatible with many other pipe and connector systems. Check the technical information tab to know which systems are compatible and none-compatible with our parts.
|Needed parts||4x H-2 + 4x M6-25B + 4x M6-N|
|Length inches||2 11/16 in (68 mm)|
|Width inches||1 5/16 in (33 mm)|
|External height inches||5 5/16 in (135mm)|
|External width inches||5 5/16 in (135mm)|
|External depth inches||1 5/16 in (33mm)|
|Steel thickness inches||1/8 in (2.5 mm)|
|Unit weight pounds||0.906 lbs (0.412 kg)|
|Compatible joint systems||Creform, NIS, C Tek Lean Solutions, Trilogiq (28 mm)|
|None compatible joint systems||Fastube, Trilogiq (28.6 mm)|
|Compatible pipe systems||Creform, Fastube, Trilogiq (28 mm), NIS (28 mm), C Tek Lean Solutions (28 mm)|
|None compatible pipe systems||Trilogiq (28.6 mm)|
|Frequency of use||Very low|
|Electric conductivity (ESD)||No|
|Material||Hot rolled steel (SPHC)|
|Steel hardness (HRB)||68-75 HRB|
|System operational temperature||-148°F to 572°F (-100°C to 300°C)|
|Steel treatment||Black cathodic electrodeposition (Ecoating)|
|Manufacturing technique||Stamping and deburring|
|Striations for grip||16 striation grip lines|
|Positioning guide||16 positioning guide lines|
|Additional reinforcement hole||8 reinforcement holes|
- Ensure you have the following parts:
- 4x H-2
- 4x M6-25B bolts
- 4x M6-N nuts
- 5x 28mm pipes of your choice
- 1x T-HANDLE 5mm hex key
- Fix two H-2 connectors with an M6-25B bolt and an M6-N nut in the corresponding openings and loosely tighten. Repeat process with the remaining two H-2 connectors. Make sure to place bolts on the most accessible side.
- Group the two pairs of H-2 connectors around the first pipe and loosely tighten using the remaining M6-25B bolts and M6-N nuts.
- Insert the second, the third, the fourth and the fifth pipes within the openings of the HJ-5, and between the first and the second positioning guidelines.
- Tighten the M6-25B bolts and the M6-N nuts until the HJ-5 is firmly attached to the five pipes. A force between 12-14 Nm is recommended for this step.
Need more informations ?
Here's everything you need to know!