3" Stem ESD Rigid Caster
- Electric conductivity (ESD) caster
- 3 inches (76 mm) diameter wheel
- 150 pounds (68 kg) loading capacity
- 2.5M/h maximum speed
Electric conductivity (ESD) 3 inches rigid stem caster with a loading capacity of 150 pounds (68 kg) and a maximum speed of 2.5M/h. The stem-mount is made with a rubber bushing that expands into a 28 mm steel pipe to keep the wheel in place. You will need to secure the wheel by placing it on a connector with WF-U5/16 U-Bolt (included with the caster). See the Installation Steps tab for more information on how to install EW-3EF casters.
3 inches casters are made for:
- More or less long trips (30 to 60 feet)
- Frequent use (40 to 80 times a day)
- Carts weighting less than 400 pounds
- Narrow carts (between 16 and 24 in. wide)
EW-3EF has a non-electric conductivity version : W-3EF
For a more frequent use or longer trips, we recommend considering the EW-4EF caster.
For carts that will go outside, roll on ramps or damaged floors, it's preferable use 6 inches casters.
All casters are equipped with a precision ball bearing.
|Units per box||6|
|Unit weight pounds||1.4 lbs (0.65 kg)|
|Box dimensions inches||L11 X W9 X H5 in (L280 X W235 X H130 mm)|
|Wheel diameter inches||3 in (76 mm)|
|Total height inches||4 1/16 in (104 mm)|
|Tread width inches||1 1/4 in (32 mm)|
|Recommend surfaces||Asphalt, pavement, ceramic, carpet, flat steel, stone, wood, brick, linoleum, granit|
|Electric conductivity (ESD)||Oui|
|System operational temperature||-22°F to 158°F (-30°C to 70°C)|
|Loading capacity||150 lbs (68 Kg)|
|Bearing type||Precision ball bearing|
|Wheel material||Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR)|
|Radius||3 in (76 mm)|
|Maximum speed||2.5 M/h|
- Ensure you have the following parts:
- 1x EW-3EF
- 1x WF-U5/16 U-bolt - included with the caster.
- 2x WF-U5/16 nuts - included with the caster.
- 1x WF-U5/16 metal plate - included with the caster.
- 1x 28mm pipe of your choice
- 1x Ratchet Wrench 3/4 in.
- 1x Ratchet Wrench 5/16 in.
- Ensure that the structure is levelled when supported by the pipes that will be wheeled. Otherwise, the height difference might cause the structure to sway.
- Flip the structure for a better access to the bottom pipes.
- Unscrew the 3/4 in. bolt underneath the plate of the caster using the wrench.
- Tighten the nut located on the top of the stem for the rubber bushing to expend until it barely fits inside the pipe.
- Insert the wheel rod completely inside the pipe. Help yourself with a mallet if needed.
- Tighten the same 3/4 in. bolt using the wrench 3/4 and let the wheel rotate until it grips firmly inside the pipe.
- Place the WF-U5/16 metal plate between the pipe and the caster and aligned it with the corresponding openings.
- Insert the WF-U5/16 U-bolt in the openings in order to trap the tube inside the U-bolt.
- Tighten the WF-U5/16 nuts with the U-bolt using the wrench 5/16.
Need more informations ?
Here's everything you need to know!